Taste and See That The Lord is Good. How happy is the man that takes refuge in Him. Psalm 34:8
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do , do everything for God’s glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Does God really care about my physical health? How can I know what kinds of foods are actually healthy? Where can I learn more about healthy living? These were the questions I began to ask myself after I began experiencing some health issues not long after I got married. For the first time in my life, I began searching for ways to find better health. Not just to lose weight, but to help increase my overall health. As I began searching, I quickly became overwhelmed. There was so much information. Some books would say eat foods that are low-fat and others would say to eat high-fat foods. Others would say eat a high carbohydrate diet and yet another would recommend a low carbohydrate diet. I really wanted to give up. It was just too hard and confusing. Then I heard about a conference called “What the Bible Says About Healthy Living” at First Baptist Woodstock in Woodstock, Georgia and I decided to attend. God is so Good! He knew just what I needed right when I needed it. It was truly a life changing experience. For the first time in my life, I learned what Scripture says about how we should eat. I knew studying the Bible was very important for my spiritual health but I had never thought about if for my physical health. Did you know that there are over 600 references to our diet found in Scripture? I learned through the teaching of Dr. Rex Russell how eat according to God’s design. It was at this conference that I learned how to grind wheat to make bread that has almost every vitamin and mineral needed for good health.
We are bombarded on a daily basis by over 30,000 food choices. With so many food choices, how do we know how to choose food that is good for us? Proverbs 4:9 tells us, “There is a way that seems right to man, but in the end leads to death.” We may think what we are eating is healthy, but it may not be. Our bodies are “fearfully and wonderfully” made. God made wonderful food for us to eat and enjoy, but unfortunately, most of the food we eat is so highly processed that it is devoid of any nutrition. We are eating empty calories and because our bodies are not getting the nutrition that it needs, we continue to crave more food. We often find ourselves eating more and more, but still not satisfied.
Have you ever experienced this? Do you want to be healthy but don’t know where to start? Do you know how to make healthy choices but find yourself having a hard time staying on track? I hope you will join me in this journey to better health. Together, we can study God’s plan for better health. Together, we can encourage and lift each other up to help keep us on the right track. Together, we can share recipes, ideas, and prayer needs. So are you ready? Let’s do this together!
10 Reasons To Attend The Flavor of Grace Conference
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Are you ready for a weekend getaway where you can have healthy and delicious meals prepared for you, you can enjoy praising God through music, listen to awesome and entertaining speakers while studying God’s Word, and participate in fun and interactive cooking classes? Then what are you waiting for? Join us for a weekend of grace at The Flavor of Grace conference. And if that didn’t encourage you enough to go, then here are 10 reasons why you should.
1. Our health is important to God. God’s Word tells us in 1 Corinthians 10:31 that everything we do should honor him, including what we eat or drink. Just as we strive to be spiritually healthy and be more like Him, we should also strive to physically healthy. Even if you are trying to be healthy, with all of the information out there it can be very confusing. Eat meat, don’t eat meat, eat carbs, don’t eat carbs, eat gluten, don’t eat gluten. When we have a problem, we go to God’s Word for wisdom. The same should be as we are searching for better health. Who better to learn how to be physically healthy than from the Creator Himself. Attending The Flavor of Grace Conference will give you all the tools and information you need to be able to find the health that God wants you to have.
2. Great Speakers. I am so thankful for the opportunity and blessing of getting to know Annette Reeder from Designed Healthy Living. She is a wonderful person who is very passionate about helping others find better health through biblical principles. Annette brings to the table a wealth of information about biblical nutrition and she is an excellent speaker. She is funny and will keep you enlightened and entertained throughout the weekend. The speakers that she brings with her are also great. They are real people who have experienced real life and want to share their journey with others. They help encourage others as they begin their own journey to better health. Annette has done a superb job writing the bible study Treasures of Healthy Living and I strongly encourage everyone to go through this bible study after attending the conference. It greatly compliments what you will learn during the conference and will help you continue to build on those principles as you go through the study.
3. Worship– Not only do you get to hear amazing and entertaining speakers, but you get to worship through music. We glorify God when we sing praises to Him.
4. Cooking classes– The Flavor of Grace Conference will not only give you the information you need to begin your journey to better health, but it will also give you the tools. In the cooking classes, you will be given a plethora of healthy recipes and cooking tips. You will get to see the tools that you will need to prepare healthy food and learn how to use them. And my favorite part, you get to taste the different recipes after you have watched them being prepared. Several of the classes are hands on classes where you will be given the opportunity to help prepare the recipes.
5. Body and Soul Fitness– At the Flavor of Grace Conference you will learn about the Body and Soul Fitness program that will teach you not only how to strengthen your body physically but also spiritually.
6. The Study of God’s Word– Don’t you just love studying God’s word? The way that God continually opens up your eyes to new truths as you read His Word. The Flavor of Grace Conference is based on principles from God’s Word. You will be enlightened and your soul will be refreshed as you learn what scripture says about how and what we should eat.
7. Fun– Everybody likes to have fun. The Flavor of Grace Conference will be filled with lots of fun, laughter, and contagious smiles.
8. New Friendships– The Flavor of Grace Conference is a great place to meet new people and be able to connect with them. Those friendships are very valuable as you can continue to stay in touch and encourage each other in the days and weeks ahead as you begin and continue your journey to better health.
9. You get to do some retail therapy– The Flavor of Grace will give you the opportunity to buy some excellent books, cooking supplies and equipment, and videos. This will enable you to get started on your journey as soon as you get home.
10. You won’t be disappointed– The number one complaint that I hear from people that didn’t attend is always, “Wow, that sounds awesome! Now I really wish I had gone.” So don’t be that person. Get your ticket today and join us for an amazing, life changing weekend. You won’t be disappointed!
The next Flavor of Grace Conference is February 26-27 in Richmond, VA. Go to www.flavorofgrace.com if you would like more information about bringing the Flavor of Grace Conference to your own church.